
I learned that there are over 5.1 billion pounds of plastic bottles that are available for recycling. But only about half of this is actually recycled. I learned that is is not only economically cost effective but also environmentally cost effective to buy and use a reusable water bottle instead of constantly purchasing plastic water bottles.

Garbage Island in the Pacific Ocean was formed due to the North Pacific Gyre or ocean currents. Every time garbage and plastic
waste is put into the ocean it comes here. Before taking APES I never knew there was such a thing as garbage island, I thought all the waste that is put in just floats around in the ocean.
The human population is growing at an astounding rate and it is the number one cause of environmental problems. Pretty soon the Earth will not be able to support us because we have exhausted all resources. Most population growth is happing in developing countries because life expectancy is still lower and mortality rates are still high. If developed countries like the United States helped the developing countries like India establish themselves, then we could slow down the growth of the human population.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.