Battery experts have been working on creating lithium–air batteries that will eventually be ideal for transportation. Unlike Zinc-air batteries, these will eventually be chargeable. The article states that several manufactures have been collaborating, in hopes that it will become available, for replacement of fossil fuels. They are facing the problems, like safety concerns, and increased cost to already expensive cars.
I believe that if battery experts can make the batteries accessible it will lower the usage of fossil fuels for transportation. This will help use less of our nonrenewable resources. It will also lower pollution, from car exhaust. I do not like that it will make the cost of cars rise. They also do not state how unreasonable the batteries will be in terms of charging time and market cost. Experts do not yet know how long the batteries will last, which could be problematic or the environmental effect of the batteries. I find it interesting that they do not expect to put the batteries directly on the market. I would like to know the environmental effect of the manufacturing of the batteries. Yes fossil fuels are limited, but are they more practical compared to the lithium- air batteries.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.