In Canberra climate warming is impacting Australia's Great Barrier Reef, which is one of the largest living organisms. It spreads off of Australia's east coast 345,000 square miles. Government reef management says the great barrier reef is getting worse and there may not be a way to stop in from diminishing. Not only is it the climate warming, but pesticide and fertilizer run off has polluted the reef making it more likely to decrease in size. Maybe with affective bleaching the reef will be recovered. There are plans to stop half the run off of pesticides and the WWF is more aware of the issue since the article was written.
I think it is great that the article was addressed. I like the article because i think we should save what precious organisms are left and when it is the great barrier reef we should work extra hard on getting it recovered. The article interested me because when I was in Bermuda I was fortunate enough to scuba dive around a reef and they are really amazing with all the different wildlife and we should protect them. I have a question about the bleaching of the reef and more on how it is used. Also I would like to know if any organisms within the reef are becoming extinct because the reef is in danger.
http://www.newsdaily.com/stories/tre5810xz-us-australia-reef/
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.