
Before this class, I was oblivious to the extent of water pollution facing our world today. After learning about how many poor countries are stuck with water that is disease- causing to drink, it made me think about how much people in the wealthier countries take their clean water for granted. I was also appalled by much of the water used in the poor countries is also used for bathing and other dirty activities.

Another factor that left me in awe this year, is the steady increase in the worlds population. With our population so high, and getting higher, the world's resources are quickly being depleted. Pollution increases greatly also from this increasing population, which greatly harms our environment. I have learned ways to decrease my own carbon footprint in the environment and hope to continue to help our environment clean up.

Climate change is a problem that is affecting people and the environment. I've learned that human activity is very likely the cause for the rapid increase in global average temperatures over the past several decades, and the effects are frightening. Due to activities such as land use, ozone depletion, animal agriculture, deforestation, and the increase in CO2 levels, the environment has been greatly depleted.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.