The Final Assignment:

I was interested in overpopulation because I think it is an extreme problem our world is facing today. Before taking this class, I did not realize how severely overpopulated our world really is. Overpopulation is a condition where an organism's numbers exceed the carrying capacity of its habitat. Having our world being overpopulated can cause extreme problems that include an increase in the amount of diseases, less food, and an increasing amount of pollution.

Having polluted water being a main concern really interested me for many reasons. One reason being because of the technology that we have, you would think we would come up with faster and more productive ways into fixing this problem. You can’t live without water, therefore, water is the most valid source one can get. It is so precious. It disturbs me in this picture, that someone would actually live with this kind of polluted water. I think we should all we can to help with cleaner water areas in developing countries. It is just not fair to them

This picture caught my attention because I have always been interested in where all of the hazardous waste goes after used. While learning that most of the substances goes to a nuclear waste dump, it still become hazardous to the residents surrounding that certain area. It can be very dangerous to these residents because certain problems can occur, such as sever health problems listed above. I think something needs to be done to help secure the safety of these residents, such as not building a nuclear waste dump around people who live in the area.
Allie Thorndike
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.