
The word Sustainability to me has the meaning of living within one needs without abusing the environment, using to much resource, recyling and resuing and reducing. We as humans have to understand that we can not abuse what we have and also that were are not the only creatures on this world. We share a home.
One of the topics that stood out to me this year in this class was keystone species. Key stone species are animals that are needed in a habitat, if this specie is not present then the habitat collaspes.i just found itinteresting that such animals exist. Before APES, I never even imagined that animals had such an important role. The reason I remembered Keystone Species is because I though
Another topic that we disscussed in this class that stuck out to me was the diease Kwashiorkor. I learned that kwashiorkor is a deffiency that occurs when there is not alot of protein in a diet. This happens to little children. I always remebered this on test because of the children big bellies. It bothers me that this is happening to little children all around espically in developing countries because I am from a developing country. Many children that suffer from kwashiorkor die eventually. This is just a sad disease.

A third topic that stuck in my mind this year was arranged marriages in India. I knew such thing existed but I didnt know they occurred so much and caused environmental problems. We were watching a movie on reproduction control and this issue came up. I will always remeber this because the girls are forced to marry someone without a choice and often to have produce children and as many children as the man want. Women in developing countries dont have as much power and education as women in developed countries. My hope is overtime this will all change.
Shanice Hines
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.